All year waiting for the good weather and finally we find ourselves in the season of fun, when we can give rein to our little whims in the holidays: enjoy our free time, our family and friends, relaxation, travelling, playing sport, etc. However you choose to spend these days, we would like to propose five great plans that will be enormously improved when accompanied by a good wine.
* Dinner outdoors with friends. If you have decided to stay in town practicing the summer sport par excellence – going from terrace to terrace – have dinner outdoors with friends and accompany it with a lovely bottle of Terruño. Make the most of the city being half empty and there being no problem getting a table!
* Seafood platter with the family. Enjoy a seafood platter in your favourite holiday spot with your family on the sea front. A summer ‘must’. Make sure your beach bar has a chilled bottle of Viura Cepas Viejas or ask if they have an uncorking service.
* A good summer read. There are few pleasures as straightforward and restorative as relaxing with a good book while lying in a hammock or in the shade of a leafy tree. Whether you choose a classic, an adventure story or a crime novel or you prefer poetry or something humorous, do not forget to have a chilled bottle of Viura by your side, keeping you company.
* Village festivals. Something unmissable: if you are invited to one of the many local festivals held over the summer in villages or if you have your very own. To accompany the typically lavish meals in these celebrations, the best option is our young Tempranillo wine. Undoubtedly it will help to temper the body and spirit in order to weather the storm.
* Star-gazing. Summer is one of the best times to enjoy one of the most beautiful views Mother Nature has granted us: a starry sky. August is the best month to be entranced by this free spectacle: we recommend savouring it with the delicate freshness of our Crianza.